The most important part of weight loss is your diet. Cooking might be intimidating initially, especially if you've never done it before. However, small steps and successful recipes can help you gain confidence in your cooking skills. Follow our healthy weight loss recipes for the new year below and get started with your weight loss journey.
Five Healthy Recipes to Help You Lose Weight
Stuffed Mushrooms with Thyme
Do you need a healthy snack or an appetizer for a dinner party? These three-step weight loss recipes are simple to follow and take very little time.
- Remove the mushroom stems and sauté them with a little red onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add a pinch of panko and a sprig of thyme. Finish with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- Fill our mushroom caps with it. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes.
Kale and Apple Salad
By making kale and apple salad at home, you can eliminate expensive and processed grocery store dressings that are not healthy. Steps to make this are:
- Remove the kale stems.
- Wash apples and kale leaves thoroughly and slice them into tiny pieces.
- Combine the cider vinegar, honey, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper in a large mixing basin.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil in a separate dish or bowl as a dressing.
- Massage the kale with a little pinch of salt and the dressing covering the bowl.
- Pour dressing over kale and add the apples. Season to taste, stir, and serve.
Also read: Managing Diabetes: 4 Tips You Can Implement to Keep Diabetes Under Control
Veggie & Hummus Sandwich
This quick, heart-healthy vegetarian meal comprises mile-high veggies and hummus. Depending on your mood, experiment with different hummus flavors and different types of veggies.
- Take two slices of bread.
- Spread hummus on one slice of bread and avocado on the other.
- Add greens, bell pepper, cucumber, and carrot to the sandwich.
- Serve by slicing the sandwich in half.
Mediterranean Chickpea Quinoa Bowl
Quinoa and chickpeas provide lots of plant-based nutrition! Try out this vegetarian grain dish.
- Use a food processor to combine the peppers, almonds, two tablespoons of oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, and crushed red pepper (if using). Puree until the mixture is pretty smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, olives, red onion, and the remaining two tablespoons of oil.
- To serve, divide the quinoa mixture among four bowls and top evenly with chickpeas, cucumber, and red pepper sauce. Garnish with feta cheese and parsley.
Spring Carrot and Ginger Soup
Do you need something warm and comforting? This light and tasty soup will get you ready for spring.
- Add the oil and butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger until the mixture softens. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes after adding the carrots.
- Bring water to a simmer over the Sautéed veggies. Remove the carrots from the fire once they are soft and cool to a less warm temperature. Strain the liquid and keep it aside.
- Place the carrots in the blender and gradually add the liquid while pureeing until the required consistency is reached. You can add more liquid but don't remove it.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a refrigerator-safe container to chill.
If you are looking for a weight loss plan and professional medical guidance, contact us today. At Newnan Family Medicine, our team of primary care professionals will create a customized weight loss plan just for you.