THIS NOTICE OUTLINES HOW YOUR MEDICAL INFORMATION MAY BE UTILIZED AND SHARED AND HOW YOU CAN OBTAIN ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW THIS INFORMATION CLOSELY.
HIPAA is a federal law in the United States that was enacted in 1996. At Newnan Family Medicine Associates, P.C., safeguarding our patients' personal and medical information is of utmost importance. We strictly adhere to the regulations outlined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of our patients' protected health information (PHI).
Compliance with HIPAA Regulations Necessitates the Implementation of the Following Measures:
- Conducting routine training sessions for employees on HIPAA regulations and stressing the significance of safeguarding patient privacy
- Implementing stringent access controls to restrict PHI access to only authorized personnel
- Periodically conducting security risk assessments to proactively identify and mitigate potential vulnerabilities
- Encryption of PHI both in transit and at rest
- Measures are in place, including physical and technical safeguards, to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of PHI
- An all-encompassing plan to respond to any incidents involving breaches of PHI
- Regular monitoring and reporting to ensure continuous compliance with HIPAA regulations
We recognize the faith our patients have in us to safeguard their personal and medical information with unwavering care and confidentiality. Rest assured, we are dedicated to upholding the most stringent privacy and security measures when it comes to handling PHI, and we will consistently revise our policies and procedures to ensure full compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Possible Uses and Disclosures of Your Protected Health Information (PHI) in Our Practice
Under specific circumstances, your PHI may be used and disclosed without your signed authorization, as outlined below:
- To facilitate your medical care, the information may be disclosed to doctors, nurses, technicians, or other personnel, both internal and external to our office, who are directly involved in your treatment and require access to the information
- The release of information may be necessary or legally mandated, including in judicial settings or to health oversight regulatory agencies and law enforcement, as permitted by applicable laws and regulations
- To external companies, such as accounting, auditing, and other service providers who assist in the operation of our medical spa services and who are classified as "business associates
- In emergency situations to prevent serious health and safety risks or report cases of abuse and neglect
- To medical examiners, coroners, or funeral directors to assist them in carrying out their duties
- To organ, tissue, and other donation organizations, upon your demise, if your donation preferences are not documented
- To family members, relatives, or others involved in your healthcare or payment, unless you specify any objections
- To reach out to you regarding appointment reminders, different treatment options, and other health-related perks and services
- To the sponsor of your health plan
- In case international, federal, state, or local law mandates it
We require your written authorization for any usage or disclosure of your protected health information, except for the individuals and scenarios mentioned above.
Our commitment to HIPAA compliance extends to ensuring that our patients are fully informed about their rights under HIPAA. These rights include:
- The right to receive notification in case of a security breach involving your unsecured health information, including your medical information
- The right to revoke any authorization you have given for the use or disclosure of your PHI
- The right to receive a report of all the disclosures made by us of your protected health information (PHI) in the six years preceding your request
- The right to request and receive a copy of this notice in either electronic or paper form
- The right to lodge a complaint with us regarding any perceived violations of your privacy rights without facing any retaliation
To utilize any of these rights, kindly reach out to us at
https://www.newnanfamilymedicine.com/. We are committed to providing you with the utmost assistance and safeguarding your rights.
At Newnan Family Medicine Associates, P.C., we are dedicated to fulfilling our legal duties in safeguarding the privacy of your health information. We are obliged to comply with the regulations laid out by HIPAA, which includes informing you of our practices and legal obligations concerning your PHI. We are committed to adhering to the provisions stated in this notice and any future updates. Please note that we may make retroactive changes to this notice and its terms in relation to all PHI we possess.
For more information, please contact us at: